Friday, September 7, 2012

The Stone Princess


“Why am I here?”
The thought goes through my mind,
There must be a reason,
But the answer is hard to find,

“The place is yours while you’re there,
Treat it like it’s your own,
It needs some work but you’ll see,
It’ll make you a very nice home,”

It was not entirely true,
The offer he made to me,
For hidden behind the scenes,
Was the power I could not see,

“Do what she wants to keep the peace,”
Her heart has turned to stone,
And I could feel her words strike,
As they pierced me to the bone,

If I must live under her rule,
And bow to her every whim,
Then I cannot stay in this place,
And let my light grow dim,

I want a place to call my own,
To rescue or restore,
And should I maintain it well,
It’ll last a few years more,

If the stone princess should follow,
In an effort to keep control,
She’ll lose all she was meant to be,
Her heart, her mind, her soul.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews