Sunday, September 18, 2011

Updrafts and Downdrafts




I leave chasing storms,

To those with fast cars,

Because once hit by a hailstone,

There’s a tendency to see stars,



 One day in a thunderstorm,

A hailstone towards me rolled,

“Say hey, Mr. Hailstone,

Aren’t you being a little bit bold?”



“Updrafts and downdrafts,

Have made me what I am,

I’ve grown from a mere drop,

To a layered battering ram,



I put on several coats,

As I traveled up and down,

And I usually pick up speed,

Before crashing to the ground,”



“I know what you mean,

You’re a true driving force,

Do all that you‘ve got to do,

I’ll try to avoid you of course,”



Life is often like that,

It changes the path you take,

Updrafts and downdrafts,

Influence the choices you make,



You might put on several layers,

As you travel far and near,

And few will really know the core,

Of all that you hold dear,



“Hailstone, you’re not so different,

You’re much like people I know,

They get pushed up and down,

And can’t keep up with the flow,



You won’t last long lying there,

It’s just so humid and hot,

Thanks for visiting and dropping by,

And commenting with your best shot,”



Friends and storms are welcome here,

Whenever the warm winds blow,

But friends are also welcome here,

When forecasts call for snow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews