Friday, March 23, 2012

Take My Hand and We'll Fly Today


We were falling from the sky,

That’s where we met, you and I,

Faster, faster, headfirst I went,

Without hesitating, until love was spent,

With you close by I didn’t care,

As we continued hurtling through the air,

Love was more than a scary ride,

We opened up with our hearts spread wide,

At first I was afraid and did not understand,

When you slowed and gently took my hand,

But your eyes found mine and then I knew,

You had fallen for me, too,

Terminal velocity, we loved at the same speed,

Sometimes I’d follow and sometimes I’d lead,

Our love was real but much too brief,

While the world rushed at us and caused us grief,

I could do nothing with the love I’d stored,

When you moved away and pulled the cord,

Farther and farther we drifted apart,

You left me alone with a broken heart,

Our love lasted while in the sky,

When we touched earth, love couldn’t fly,

Love met little resistance while in the air,

And I dared to think that you cared,

My heartbeat accelerated and I fell for you,

Yet I still wonder if you had fallen for me, too,

You might still be trying to control your fall,

But I’m urging you to heed love’s call,

Don’t let fear’s resistance keep you away,

Take my hand and we’ll fly today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews