Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Making a Choice (The Fairy Queen and Me)

Making a Choice (The Fairy Queen and Me)
The fairy queen stood proudly by me,
A statuesque beauty at my side,
And I, the recently exiled king,
Was thrilled she was my bride,
Upon my shoulders I wore a cloak,
Fairy magic had hidden me well,
To any outsider I appeared an oak,
In harmony with earth with the spell,
My trusty sword was ready to swing,
I thought with fairy magic,
I could conquer anything,
But alone I walked, a battle to seek,
My enthusiasm was shaken,
My knees were suddenly weak,
I realized I could not attack from the wood,
For fairy magic can only be used for good,
I noticed a stranger approaching from the east,
With a long bow and quiver, riding a beast,
A canvas covered box was within his grasp,
He asked if I wanted him to open the clasp,
“Only if it holds something for the good,
I’ll accept nothing evil, let that be understood,”
The stranger looked startled and ceased to grin,
“Think clearly, oh king, if you desire to win,
I have magic in this box that could kill you,
And the arrows I carry fly straight and true!”
“Go,” I said, “I’ve learned much from my queen,
Honesty, beauty, joy, and the earth always green,
I will not change my mind even unto death,
So away with your evil,” I hissed under my breath,
I watched him leave for a long, long, while,
Then I turned and saw the fairy queen’s smile,
She whispered, “I love you more than you’ll ever know,
I’ll fight by your side, dealing blow upon blow,”
I uttered, “With goodness and truth we’ll find another way,”
I could feel love’s awesome power increasing that day,
But was there too much evil to enact a new plan?
Would good be banned forever from this land?


2 comments:

  1. This is quite a poetic tale...the rhythm in your rhymes works well...enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouraging words. The Fairy Queen will be back.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews