Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Resolutions (Part One)

This year I want to grow up and act my age,
You’d think I had accomplished that at this stage,
It required responsibility to make the right choices,
But I listened instead to my own inner voices,
I wanted to get older but I’ve changed my mind,
All the things I wanted I’ve already left behind,
Have a family, have a job, be productive for awhile,
Been there, done that, I’ve traveled those roads in style,
Perhaps this is the year I finally will get a new start,
Lessons at Hard Knocks School didn’t make me smart,
I know, I’ll loosen up, and try not to be so tense,
Before, I tried too much, too soon; I had little common sense,
My money will grow by leaps and bounds if I put some away,
But it’ll have to wait for tomorrow, for there’s a sale today,
Be generous to a fault this year, give to those in need,
But without discipline to pay my debts, little can I heed,
Work hard and do my best, a goal for the coming year,
Instead I think it’s time to reflect, and face unknown fears,
I want to be kind and passionate, loving life without regard,
Easier said than done, my friends, life is pushing hard,
Live life with gusto, I don’t want to be tied to fear,
I’ll try to make every second count, just to survive this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews