Saturday, July 16, 2011

If I'm Only A Watcher


With sadness I watch passersby,

From my window day and night,

Going about their daily deeds,

Not understanding their own plight,

But I cannot call them to shame,

For deeds they did not do,

For my guilt is also to blame,

If I'm a watcher too,

If they ignore world events,

Or crimes next to their door,

If I’m judging what they’ve not done,

Then I’m even guilty more,

I turned my head when a baby cried,

Her mother was angry and proud,

The mother had given the child a pinch,

Because the baby was too loud,

I didn’t speak when a father ordered,

His son to fetch a beer,

But I could see a future day,

When the son would cringe with fear,

Who am I to ignore world events,

Or crimes next to my door,

If I’m judging what others haven’t done,

Then I’m the guilty more.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews