Thursday, April 28, 2011

How Many Seeds Are In An Apple?

How many seeds are in an apple?
I can count them one by one,
If I start numbering at the beginning,
It shouldn’t be long before I’m done,

How many good deeds are in a person?
Much harder to tally, it’s true,
Since I can’t see inside your heart,
I’ll leave the reckoning up to you,

When the finite counting is over,
And it’s time for speculation instead,
I want you to go from what you know,
And extrapolate within your head,

How many apples are in a seed,
If that seed is allowed to grow?
Is there some way to predict the number,
Or is it ever possible to know?

What good things will spring forth,
If a good deed is allowed to grow?
Is there some way to predict the number,
Or is it ever possible to know?

What good you do for someone else,
Is more than just one deed,
That good will grow and multiply,
Just like an apple seed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews