Saturday, April 23, 2011

"To the Ready, Forward March!"

“Grab your trombone and have some fun!
We can circle the square and stay in the sun,”
I feel like marching when my trombone plays,
Sometimes even on windy or rainy days,

“Seventy-six trombones” is my favorite song,
Because it’s happy and boisterous as I march along,                                  
What better way to make everybody’s day,
Than to let them hear the trombones play,


The music and rhythm tickles me inside,
Especially when I’m marching with you in stride,
We’ll play “Stars and Stripes” as we begin,
And when we get to the park, where we end,

You can play “Fantasy” to show your skills,
While I get ready to give the audience thrills,
In case you’re wondering what I’m talking about,
I’ll explain it to you and erase all doubt,

I’m more than a musician, I’m also a clown,
I enjoy hearing laughter all around,
Music and laughter are both good for the soul,
If your foot starts tapping, I’ve met my goal,

And if you laugh with me, you’ve made my day,
That’s all I need, that will be my pay,
If I distract someone and see a happy face,
The whole world will seem like a better place,

Grab your trombones, cornets, or your reeds,
We’ll march across the highway into the weeds,
“To the ready, Mark Time, and Forward March”
A lively cadence but without all the starch,

If laughter and music is quicker in pace,
The world will seem like a better place,
So let’s go marching with our trombones,
We’ll be royalty without our thrones,

We’ll go to the park where we’ll slide but not swing,
We’ll laugh at ourselves, and enjoy everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews