Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Suffering


Suffering is unique for me and you,

I haven’t experienced what you’re going through,

I don’t know the depth of your pain,

Be patient, I’m trying your perspective to gain,



The migraines that don’t allow you to stand,

I’ve never experienced them and I don’t understand,

I’m trying my best to know what to do,

I don’t have answers for the agony you go through,



I’m trying to ponder who handles suffering well,

Is it someone who’s already seen one side of hell,  

Someone who’s had everything taken away,

And still smile and say, “It’s a wonderful day!”

Or a person with cancer who continues to pray,

“Thank you, Lord, for each bonus day,”



I told my children, “In life you’ll have choices,

Surround yourself with those who have wise voices,”

And when you run and scrape your knee,

To ease your pain right there I’ll be,



Bad things might happen so learn to be tough,

Because life isn’t perfect, it can be rough,

I can’t fix your problems but I can ease your pain,

And I’ll be there to help you get up again,”



I wonder if my answers match my own life,

Do my answers hold true when I face strife,

Do I blame someone when life knocks me down,

What part of my misery is shared with those around,



Did my bad choices create my own pain,

Does my anguish count for loss or gain,

Is my trouble because of evil or good,

What part of my distress is misunderstood,



If I use my own sorrows to help me grow,

I’ll understand you better for now I know,

If being there to listen will ease your pain,

I’ll listen and help you get up again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews