Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Zapped!


(A Positive Man Meets a Negative Woman)

My view of the world changed,

When I learned to really believe,

In the electrical field around me,

And the messages I could send and receive,



The women were always attracted,

They couldn’t resist my magnetic pull,

I had an ample supply of protons,

So my waiting arms stayed full,



With friends I attended a wedding reception,

I stayed neutral at the start,

But I became more and more positive,

I’d never give away my heart,



I was friendly and constantly smiling,

My positive vibes were over the top,

But when the hair on my neck started rising,

 I thought my heart might stop,



Sparks were flying everywhere,

The very moment she entered the door,

High voltage she was generating,

As she swished across the floor,



She brought in a negative attitude,

Life had been especially rough that day,

She was ready to cause a little friction,

She had definitely been rubbed the wrong way,



I left behind positive footprints,

As I crossed the floor to see,

Who this negative lady really was,

And what she would mean to me,



I was met with a little resistance,

Her static gave me a quick shot,

The charge we shared was imbalanced,

Though I thought she was extremely hot,



Normally the positives cancel out,

The negatives in my way,

But she was certainly not neutral,

And she didn’t ask me to stay,



My words continued to be soothing,

And I finally convinced her to dance,

My protons were definitely working,

And improving my one true chance,



Two nervous systems were connecting,

As we two-stepped around the floor,

We generated a lot of electricity,

But nothing that could be stored,   



The night was over much too soon,

My heart had grown too large,

Her electrons continued to flow,

But I had lost my charge,



She disappeared quickly into the night,

But her current had made its mark,

My heart would never be the same,

It had been singed by her sparks,



She left behind an electrified scene,

And a note to call her soon,

There’s still a chance for true romance,

Sharing electrons under the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews