Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunlight in My Eyes

Sunlight
I’m throwing open the shutters,
So sunlight can flood the room,
I’m tired of shadows in my mind,
Brightness will erase the gloom,

I’ve been looking to escape the world,
My house has been my cave,
I can hold shadows off for awhile,
But I’m tired of being so brave,

The world last night seemed grim and dark,
Uncertainty overpowered my life,
But sunlight bouncing off the floor,
 Sliced the darkness like a knife,

Shadows of the past stand tall,
When the clock strikes one or two,
I wish I had an opportunity to express,
That I’d always be true to you,

Because you’re gone, I’m not sad at all,
It’s sunlight in my eyes,
This has been such a beautiful day,
It caught me by surprise,

I’ll stand by the Christmas tree,
And sing a song or two,
And no one will ever know,
That I’m really missing you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews